Tesla Cars on Truck

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Viking79, Jul 17, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

I saw a bunch of Teslas on a carrier, a few people are going to be happy campers :) Heading west on I-80 by Laramie.
    20180716_145818.jpg
    20180716_231633.jpg

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Looks like they're all Model 3's. From the first photo I wondered if 2nd from the front on top might be a Model S, since it has different wheels, but in the 2nd photo we see it has the same hog's snout (aka "shark's nose") the other cars have, so I'm pretty sure that's a TM3 with the slightly larger wheel upgrade.

4. Viking79

That one was throwing me too, at first I thought it was a Model S, but looking back at photo it is definitely a 3. Is the tail light trim different on it, or maybe just the protective wrap?

Also, I meant to say that they are headed eastward (not west, they were coming from west).

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Oh, you noticed that too? I thought maybe it was just me. I admit, I'm stumped. But that precise spot is where the charging port is.

Googling photos of the TM3 and the MS... the angle on the tail light looks very much like that of a Model S, but clearly it's not. Model 3 Performance looks the same as the standard Model 3. Canadian version looks the same, too, so that's not it.

You're just pulling our legs, right? You Photoshopped that picture?

[​IMG]

(Anyone who's not a Monty Python fan is now hopelessly confused. (Insert diabolical laughter.))

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    bwilson4web likes this.
  6. Viking79

Maybe it is a Model S? That is the only thing that makes sense in my head :)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

Obviously they cut off the rear end of a Model S and welded it onto the front 2/3 of a Model 3. It's a FrankenTesla! What else could it be? :p :D

9. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Performance model?

Bob Wilson

10. Pushmi-Pullyu

As I said: Model 3 Performance looks the same as the standard Model 3. At least, that's so on the photos which came up for me on Google images when I searched for [tesla model 3 performance]. But check for yourself, by all means! It's possible I was looking at the wrong photos.

I suppose it is just barely possible that the cars on that carrier truck didn't come directly from Tesla, but rather from an aftermarket customizer, and that the Model 3 in question has a tail light from a Model S installed as a custom job. I'm not sure that's the way Occam's Razor shaves, but I can't think of any more likely possibility.

You mentioned the possibility of protective wrap, Bob. There may be some tape on there changing the appearance, but seems to me if that were the case the tail light should appear smaller, and at least to my eyes, it doesn't.

"'Tis... a... puzzlement!" -- King Mongkut, "The King and I"