Tesla acquires battery manufacture HiBar Systems

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by marshall, Oct 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

You are more optimistic than I am, these look like desperation moves by a company that cannot fulfill promises made to investors by management. Tesla claimed to have batteries down to below $100 Per kWh, VW made a public statement that they are there now, but Tesla stopped talking about battery cost, but is making a move towards LG Chem who is VW's supplier. Tesla promised to be profitable from mid last year going forward, Lie... Tesla promises FSD feature complete by the end of 2019, not a Lie yet, but will be in a couple months. It's like Tesla buying the trucks company that trucks their cars, now we see trucks in bunches parked at Lanthrop which cannot be very cost effective.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Thanks!
    This will really piss off the SHORTS. They don't understand the difference between capital and operational expenses. So they'll lie to call it an operational expense in about three weeks when the Q3 report comes out.

Bob Wilson

5. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

I do not think the shorts are too worried about Tesla's acquisitions, another attempt to fill past promises to investors that will likely just add weight to the company, and since they have been making these acquisitions in shares rather than cash, further dilute you and other investors, Bob...

What the recent acquisitions really prove is that Tesla did not have the internal talent to do what they said they were going to do...

6. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks very much for this news, "marshall"!

I've been rather skeptical of claims that Tesla is moving towards manufacturing its own battery cells. I've chosen to interpret previous news items as merely support for Tesla's formation of a battery cell R&D group, rather than actually moving into the manufacturing sphere.

But it's hard to see how this latest acquisition by Tesla indicates anything other than actually moving toward mass-producing their own cells.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

No, but your post certainly looks like a rather desperate shorter's attempt to deny the reality that Tesla is continuing to grow and expand!

Keep going, and growing, Tesla!
    :cool: