Telsa market cap above GM's again!

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by 101101, Jun 15, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

At around 7:10am on 6/15/2018

Tesla at $6060173920

358.76 x 16892000

GM at $59520735660

42.23 x 1409442000

Noticed that Google wasn't computing correctly the market caps though as it had subtracted 2 billion from Tesla and added 2 billion to GM overnight and it wasn't adding up as it was the night before. Seen that kind of stuff before from Google with its Google Trends in favor of Sony on search hits. Google may have a practice of getting paid to misrep, even thinner ice with financial stuff though.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

The name of this forum is InsideEVs. It's not "Inside Tesla Finances".

I'm sure your post would find an appropriate place at Seeking Alpha, Yahoo Finance, or maybe Motley Fool. It's out of place here.

4. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

But EVs are part of a larger political movement that says companies that profit from pollution should cease to do so and or be subsidizing companies that move us away from that practice.

There is an article out there I think from business insider saying "Jaguar I-Pace" really hits Tesla where it hurts. I don't think it does, but this is part of pushing the narrative that Tesla's approach is too aggressive and Musk's time table impractical. Its part of the idea that if it inconveniences corrupt wealth that so extra deference must be paid and that this must come before keeping in particular keeping warming
    in check and that we should just be allowed to wallow past a point where it can be said it was inevitable and because of some sort of addiction.

Another narrative which has been pinned from CNBC is that shorts while getting creamed still have a point. They do not. So they point to a shill working for Goldman (which has been discredited just for its role in the collapse but especially on negative Tesla stuff) where this paid shill they call an 'analyst' has been supposedly shorting Tesla (surely with money provided by petrol sponsors- just to say he is doing it) and we are supposed to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it is his money and still take his biased opinion seriously when he is in effect betting against his own physical survival and worse Goldman stands to lose a ton or collapse if Tesla is successful due to the petrol assets and in particular the petrol derivatives it carries.

This is like the Musk is dishonest narrative. He is pretty honest and very open. It is the petrol industry that is dishonest. Or like the idea that Teslas are supposed to be unsafe because they challenge the petrol industry which is unsafe and challenge the auto insurance industry which makes stupid investments in petrol which socializes the losses on resulting in higher premiums but Tesla is a threat to both its propping up the petrol industry and its premiums so Tesla is supposed to be unsafe and both groups pay shill media to say this stuff.

So I think its important to know that despite all the petrol sponsor spending on captured shill media to push the lie the people investing in the market still seem to see through the BS and are again starting to correctly value GM and its fail convincingly strategy on electrics.