Team Edison

Discussion in 'Ford' started by Jack, Oct 3, 2017.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jack

Jack Administrator

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. At first glance, it's a funny choice of names, but taking history into account, it infers that Ford is going to just steal Tesla's ideas. (Which is fine if it helps Ford build a decent EV)

I'm just going to leave this video here to help back me up.

BAllred, Triangles and Cosmacelf like this.
  4. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf New Member

Oh fun video!!

Jack likes this.
  5. Triangles

Triangles New Member

Seeing as how Edison lost the current wars, Team Edison seems to be a poor choice of a name as it implies that Ford will lose the EV wars... Maybe they're working the angle that they can steal Tesla Motors technology and make a fortune off it in much the same way Edison stole Tesla's technology while Tesla struggled to make ends meet and bring his technology to the masses? Regardless I'd love to see ford put a serious EV effort forward. They've been talking about EV's since Magna made the Focus Electric for them. At least Ford put effort into designing a pretty decent battery system for the car but they haven't done much of anything since 2012 Focus Electric to market and now it appears to be nearing the end of it's production.

Domenick likes this.
  6. Triangles

Triangles New Member

*bringing the 2012 Focus Electric to market and now it appears to be nearing the end of it's production.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

I wonder where / when the Ford Model E is? They snatched the name away from Tesla (who wanted to call the Model 3 this)?

9. Model E for Edison, perhaps?
    My guess it's in a yet-to-be-publicized press release.

10. Triangles

Triangles New Member

Do they have a name for their 300 mi SUV? maybe that's what they're going to call it?

11. Not-a-Mach-1.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Triangles

Triangles New Member

If they don't call it "Model E" I will be severely disappointed.

Domenick likes this.