Strange Warning Lights

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by jlilly, Feb 12, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jlilly

jlilly New Member

I had just driven my Clarity Touring about 7 miles a couple of days ago and parked in a parking deck for a couple of hours while we had lunch. The drive was all EV, as virtually all of my 1300 miles have been.

On starting the car to continue the trip, I had three steady warning lights and the accompanying messages: ACC, Engine and Brake System. The car would run in EV mode, but would not switch to Hybrid, that is, the gas engine would not run. Also, the cruise control wouldn't work. I made several stops, and the lights persisted. I then made an appointment with the closest Honda dealer for this (Monday) morning and returned home. Plugged it in and checked again Sunday, but the lights were still there.

This morning, I started the car to drive to the service department and there were no warning lights. The car drove perfectly normally: ACC worked, for example, even in low speed follow mode.

To make a frustrating story short, they were unable to duplicate the problem, although there do seem to have been a couple of fuel injection trouble codes, which they cleared. I've attached the service order with the writeup.

Wanted to start a thread to find out if anyone else has had this issue, and what the resolution might have been.

Attached Files:

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.