Sticky threads/subforums?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Thomas Mitchell, Feb 14, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

It seems that many of the same issues are repeated in multiple posts. Is it possible for the admins to create "sticky threads" or subforums to aggregate commonly discussed themes and remain at the top of the thread list for easy reference?

I can suggest some topics, feel free to add yours:

Charger hardware, charger current draw and cost per mile charged and mpgs, angry bees, range estimation, drivetrain tech, hacks & mods, maintenence, in car entertainment (carplay/android auto etc.) dealership reviews and PDI performance (body plugs etc.).....

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. On the advice of long-time internet forum managers, we really try to avoid using sticky threads. We have the FAQ above which is meant to point to many of these oft-brought up topics. If there's something you think we should add to it, please let me know.

Louis Nisenbaum likes this.
  4. vicw

vicw Active Member

The forum has been a godsend for me during my first full year with the Clarity - helping me to resolve may concerns and issues.

Since it has grown over that period, however, I've found it more and more difficult to find older threads on subjects that I want to refresh on, and I think the key problem is that the search algorithm often rejects queries that it deems as having too many results.

Domenick and MPower like this.
  5. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

I’m no long time forum manager but am a long time multiple forum lurker and I have always found sticky’s or subcategories helpful for finding information quickly and easily. Forum searches are almost inevitably a crapshoot and produce as much garbage as helpful information. I can understand that it may require more administrative work than is desired for those maintaining the forum though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyKen likes this.