Steering wheel buttons control radio presets?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by 1nickatnite1, Feb 7, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 1nickatnite1

1nickatnite1 Member

Is there a way to change it so the steering wheel controls change the radio presets instead of the next channel? Pressing the buttons is annoying and frankly oftentimes unresponsive on the first try.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

If you press the mode button on the center display so presets is displayed, then the steering wheel controls will skip to the next preset when you press up or down.

1nickatnite1 and insightman like this.
  4. 1nickatnite1

1nickatnite1 Member

I had absolutely no idea that was a setting. Why would they have two presets lol, this makes no sense. Weird thing is I can't use the buttons or else it goes back to "satellite radio"

5. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

When you are referring to presets and buttons, are you talking about the numbers 1-6 on the center screen? Those buttons can be programmed to anything. For example one of mine is set to navigate home. Another is set to show tire pressure. If you programmed them to a station while listening to satellite radio, it is programmed to switch to satellite radio and that particular station. That could be why you see it switch to satellite.

6. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I actually have one of my quick buttons programmed to bring up the audio source menu, which includes presets as an entry. When "presets" is selected as the audio source, the steering wheel buttons move through the preset list, and each entry can be from any audio source.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    What is radio?

/ducks
    /flees

insightman and revorg like this.
  9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

My wonderful MINI AM radio is a device from which people speak, discussing all the former University of Michigan teammates playing in the upcoming Super Bowl. A famous Michigan coach used to predict the outcome of the Super Bowl based on which team had more of his former players.

10. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

And my HK allows me to listen solely to NPR, and some of the HD channels carry more music than news. <grin>