Steering Assist / Lane Keep Assist

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by beacon_outbound, Mar 1, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. beacon_outbound

beacon_outbound New Member

Hi folks. How good is the “Steering Assist” in keeping your Konas centered in the middle
    of the lane? I noticed from when the car was brand new that the car had a tendency to stick to the very left hand side of the lane when going straight. It’s fine going around bends though.

Asked the dealer about it and they said it was normal owed to the camber of the roads in the UK. I accepted this explanation as a time but a few months later I’ve been given a petrol Kona as a courtesy car (whilst mine is in for a repair to its PTC heater) and I’ve noticed that this loan car is very good at sticking bang smack in the middle of the lane.

Appreciate its not an autopilot system but it does get a bit annoying having to resist the Steering Assist from constantly trying to stick the car to the left of the lane.

It’s a 2022 Kona.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. My 2020 Kona will stick to middle of the lane no problem, I think your dealer is feeding you rubish. It probably just needs an ADAS recalibration.

beacon_outbound likes this.
  4. beacon_outbound

Thanks, that’s what I’m thinking. They actually said to me “if you’re unhappy with the system then just turn it off”!

Is a recalibration a lengthy process?

5. Mine tends toward the left of middle. I've just accepted it.

Ron Perkin likes this.
  6. I don't think so but I don't have any direct experience here. You might want to try a different servicing dealer if yours is reluctant or otherwise incompetent.

beacon_outbound likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. beacon_outbound

Annoying thing is here in the UK if one takes the car to a different dealership to which it was purchased from, the dealership charges a “diagnosis fee” which is only refunded if they agree the problem they are looking at is covered by the Hyundai Warranty.

9. Some dealers threaten that here as well, functionally I think it rarely happens.

10. beacon_outbound

Except the last time I wanted to take the car to a different dealer they called me a day before the appointment and requested I make a card payment over the telephone for the diagnostic fee. At which point I told them to stuff it.