State of EV Charging System

Discussion in 'General' started by Almost Green, Dec 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I stumbled across this video about the state of EV charging in the US. I found it very informative. You may also.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Sorry, I stopped at 4:00 of 19:50 because the bovine fecal matter was too removed from reality:
    • $24,000 for 2019 Std Rng Plus Model 3 - Tesla gave me $18,300 for trade-in of a 2017 Prius Prime that could not replace our 2014 BMW i3-REx.
    • 3 years, 58,725 miles with 232 of 240 mile range - the Tesla SuperCharger network is dense enough that after the start of day, 100% SOC, we go in 120-150 mile segments hopping from SuperCharger-to-SuperCharger with 20 minute recharging sessions
    NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, let someone else tell you what your requirements are ... unless you want to be played 'the fool.'
    1. What is the trade-in credit for your current ride? - this sets the likely purchase price and let the seller dispose of the old car.
    2. Do you have at least a nightly 120 VAC, 12 A outlet to use at night? - this can sustain urban range. If you have a dryer outlet, problem solved!
    3. What does Plugshare show as a route for favorite weekend or vacation travel? - be sure to check comments and match either CCS-1 or Tesla fast DC charger plug.
    This YouTube is neither accurate nor useful.

Bob Wilson

4. My God, you didn't even watch the darn thing so you have no clue what the information being presented is. So your comment is of no use
    to anyone.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

The first four minutes were enough to realize the author of the video lost me. His requirements do not match my 3 years, 58,725 miles of 2019 Tesla Model 3 Standard Range Plus.

Yes, speech is free but mandatory watching is not!
    upload_2021-12-24_14-4-26.png

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021