Spiderman catches a lift

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by electriceddy, Nov 24, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Commercial featuring Spiderman hitching a 300 mile ride to New York with Ned to clear his name:
    :)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Wasted money by Hyundai ... Why advertise a product you can't provide? How about filling all those pre-orders first, then gauge the need to advertise. My thoughts only but this shows Hyundai's lack of clarity in the demand for this vehicle.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The dealers love Hyundai creating demand for products in short supply because it offers opportunities for "market adjustments," including adjustments to the prices of the pre-ordered vehicles.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Note, I was originally responding to a fellow Canadian and my opinion is based on what is going on in Canada.

Selling above MSRP is not allowed in Canada. MSRP is MSRP ... dealers can even sell below MSRP but not above - imagine that. My 2021 Kona EV was in high demand (pre known battery issues) but I still negotiated $1,000 below MSRP.

For my American friends, don't go with any dealer that adjusts pricing due to "market" conditions. Wait it out and don't buy above MSRP. Find another dealer. Find another EV. Save your money. New choices appear and doesn't have to be a Hyundai. Cheers, Steve

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

Update: Dec. 17, 2021 Hyundai notify me my pre-order is now delayed with a new build date of January, 2022.

I can wait but my pre-order was made on the first day the orders opened back in June - Hyundai, 7 months to build a car and who knows what changes will be made to the features. Hmmm, my 2021 Kona EV may be worth hanging onto.

7. To remove this ad click here.