Speed Bumps

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Clamps, Jun 3, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I was entering a parking lot in Olbrich Park in Madison, WI and while gently going over one of the speed bumps I felt the battery pack gently touch/scrape the top of the bump. Has anyone had any clearance issues with their Kona’s?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. NRH

NRH Active Member

I haven't. Clearance is better than our prior vehicles. (Sienna, Prius, Passat).

4. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

As long as I slow down for them I usually don't have any problems rolling over them. Aside from that, the FRONT lower Grill "guard" is very low. I sometimes scrape it on those shopping center's cement car "stoppers". So I've learned to be careful - as well as heavily sloped driveways.

syntaxfx and Esprit1st like this.
  5. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

No. There are a number of speed bumps I pass over regularly and it's never been an issue. But maybe San Francisco speed bumps are configured differently than yours.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

That's a heckuva speedbump if it reached the pack. I concur with the front-plastic theory, unless
    you're sure about the timing. I have to use booster-blocks to get a Kona up on my ramps, and the
    front air-dam lip still has to get a little mashed temporarily in the process.

But all that aero probably contributes to the efficiency...

_Hj

Mike Bearsails likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. In Norway they are:
    [​IMG]:eek:

9. Where I live, we have two different speed bump on my street. I need to pass over them all (5), each day. I need to drive under 20km/h to do not touch one type of them. Sometime, I'm not thinking that I'm with the kids (1 week / 2) in the back and hear the scrapping sound.

Weight, speed and smaller tire size for winter (16 inch) play a major role.

Mike Bearsails likes this.