Spare Tire ideas - can I use a donut?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by jpkik96, Jul 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. jpkik96

jpkik96 Member

All -

I leased my Clarity Touring last week with the expectation I could easily retrofit a donut spare when I take a long trip. I called the dealer I purchased the car from and their Parts department told me Honda does not recommend using one due to potential issues in the event of a rear-end collision. I was not aware that this might be an issue...

Searching this forum, there are some threads where Clarity owners discuss the use of a full-size spare and others that have not been able to repair the flat with the kit from Honda and have waited hours for Honda or AAA to respond with a flatbed. My preference in this scenario - especially late at night - would be to change the tire and get back on the road.

To this end, has anyone successfully made use of a temporary donut spare? If yes, can I simply try to locate one from a used Accord? If not, what size/bolt pattern would I need?

Thank you in advance for your review and advice!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

You probably noticed from the other threads you read on this subject that no one has actually tried to mount an Accord donut spare yet. I'm sure the first person to do so will report back. Here are the specs and part numbers of the OEM road wheels (NOT a spare):

The OEM wheels/parts are:

Enkei alloy 18X8J: 42800-TRT-N90
    Bolt pattern: 5-114.30 (inset 50)
    Trim assembly (plastic): 44733-TRW-N00
    Lug nut: 90304-SA0-981
    Valve assembly: 08W16-S47-A0004
    Honda accessory replacement alloy wheel: 08W18-TRT-100

KentuckyKen and chris5168 like this.