Solterra MSRP "market adjustment"

Discussion in 'Solterra' started by electriceddy, Feb 10, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Here we go again, 1 day after reservations open:
    "According to a member of the SolterraForum who placed a reservation on Tuesday, Kendall Subaru in Eugene, Oregon called them on Wednesday to say they will be adding an extra $5,000 on top of the MSRP, which at this point has not yet been announced.
    The problem is compounded by the fact that unlike Ford, Subaru does not allow you to transfer your reservation to another dealer that is not adding market adjustments.

Subaru’s reservation FAQs state, “Once the customer has completed the Reservation Process the customer cannot go back and change the selected Subaru retailer.”
    Source:
    https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/subaru-dealers-attempting-to-cash-in-with-solterra-ev-market-adjustments/

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I put in a pre-order today in at my local Subaru dealer, which happens to be the largest volume Subaru dealer in BC. I am #8 in line, and they should get the largest initial allocation of Solterra's. And oh, no deposit required, just some signed papers to confirm my spot. Another Subaru dealer I had phoned, wanted $500. Doesn't mean that much just yet, as the actual order to Subaru can't happen until we get the pricing and trim details (expected in April). Initial deliveries expected in the fall.

Also got a trade-in offer for my 2018 Crosstrek. And wow, same price as what I paid for it in the fall of 2017, when they gave me a $3000 discount.

Just like my Kona EV, the Crosstrek is also a very hot used car. Nice to own 2 vehicles which are still worth as much as I originally paid for them...

electriceddy likes this.
  4. Solterra

Solterra New Member

After completing the reservation process...I asked my dealer straight out in an email what the cost would be including fees etc.

I was informed no markup and normal fees to complete the purchase. So other than paying MSRP... (ie) no haggling... routine purchase at my dealer.

Two of the three Subaru dealerships I have dealt with in the past will not markup any vehicle...the third is...which is why I haven't done business with them for at least 15 years...poor business practices even before the crazy market of the last 18 months.