Snowplow drove away with my charge cord....

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by northof49ev, Jan 5, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. northof49ev

northof49ev Member

Somehow the plow caught my cord and ripped it out of the charge port destroying the port and cord. $1203 for the cord, $1225 for the charge port and I'm still waiting for the labor charge ($155 hr) because its not in the hours book. Canadian $$ but you get the idea - its expensive!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Can you send a photo of the crime scene? I’d like to see the proximity of the charging station and cable to the area being plowed.

Jeremy says he’s sorry for the inconvenience.

4. northof49ev

northof49ev Member

When I leave tonight I'll take a shot. It shattered the one pin in the J1772, stretched the cord so its all curly until it ripped it out of the charge port taking most of the shroud around the plug but didn't damage the port door of all things. I was parked on the one side of a rail where we all plug in and they were plowing the other side of the rail. Somehow the snow ridge in front of the blade pushed the cord excess enough to catch the blade. There is a cord in Vancouver and a charge port in Toronto so it should be back together before the end of the month.

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Bummer!
    upload_2023-1-5_18-43-17.png

6. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Wouldn't insurance cover this?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. zman0900

zman0900 New Member

$1203 for the cord‽‽ You could by a high end 240 volt smart charger for less than that. If insurance isn't paying, just get a random other level 1 j1772 charger from Amazon.

9. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Sorry to hear such damage. Look at the bright side, the charger door or fender didn't get damaged. No body work needed :p
    $1203 for the charger is a bit too much. Amazon has tons of 120/240 15, 20 amp chargers for a third of the price.

northof49ev likes this.
  10. northof49ev

northof49ev Member

upload_2023-1-8_21-59-24.jpeg upload_2023-1-8_21-59-24.jpeg

Hard to see but the plug ins are under the rail and somehow the Power brick slide to that side and away she went. I know the Honda cord is expensive but it has lasted a year and a half where my friend bought one off amazon (morec) that lasted 3 months and quit. Company is footing the bill so I shouldn't be out anything but time.

11. northof49ev

northof49ev Member

I hear you, my grizzl-e was half that but I rarely use it. Generally charge at night or at work with the slow charger. I do have a spare Hyundai charger that looks like its similar quality that I bought at an auction brand new for $30. Its 500 miles away at our summer house :(

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. northof49ev

northof49ev Member

I forgot to add the labor charge came in at 3.5 hrs + shop supplies so close to $620 peso's

14. I bought an oem on eBay for $300, but if the company is footing the bill, then meh.