Slow insideevsforum.com servers?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Hobbesgsr, Jun 21, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

Is insideevsforum.com slow for you?

1. Like molasses on a cold day

40.0%
  2. Fast as lightning

40.0%
  3. Sometimes depending on the time of day

20.0%
  1. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

Maybe it's only me and my connections from home, smartphone and work but this forum is consistently slow all day to the point of not rendering whole pages to kicking me out to the general community page on a regular basis.

Some research:
    This site is hosted on softlayer.com cloud servers which have several tiers of hosting. Maybe an upgrade is needed?

The site registrar is with GoDaddy.com and uses the following name servers:
    NS1.FERRARICHAT.COM
    NS2.FERRARICHAT.COM
    Ferrarrichat?? lol wut?

Also interesting is that www.insideevs.com which directs user to these forums from social media sites and news aggregators (like Flip) is hosted on AWS (Amazon Web Services) along with their name servers.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've never had to wait for a refresh on this forum through my Comcast hook-up.

Even Netflix is hosted on Amazon Web Services, isn't it?

Edit: This post appeared in less than a second

4. @Hobbesgsr, sorry to hear the site is slow to load for you, but thanks for bringing this up. I haven't had any problems, personally, but I'll report this to our dev team (which also runs the FerrariChat Forum) and they'll check to see if there are any issues on our end.

Speed is a hugely important factor for websites, so we want this one to be as quick as possible.

5. I'm told that they've cleaned up some cron entries. Not sure what that is, exactly, but hopefully it means our service is consistently fast for all our users. Please let me know if you still have issues.

6. bfd

bfd Active Member

I know what you're talking about. The wheel keeps spinning. Then a post or two loads. Then blank again, then a few more posts load. Then blank. Finally, the thread opens completely. I've noticed it for the past week or so. Using Safari, though, so need more data points. We should try Chrome or Firefox and see what transpires.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Hobbesgsr

Hobbesgsr Active Member

I’m on Gigabit at home 10 GigE at work and LTE Advanced on my cell.

I test back and forth between other forums and have no issues on those other forums or websites. Here I feel like I’m on dial up.

9. bfd, please let me know if you have issues with a different browser as well. Thanks.

10. Just to be clear, @Hobbesgsr, you're still having issues?

11. lorem101

lorem101 Member

I occasionally have issues, but last few days has been good. Maybe it's affecting the Canadian folks more?

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.