(Silly question) 2022 door handle color

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by notalk, Sep 27, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. notalk

notalk New Member

Every pic of a 2022 SE I've seen has black door handles. 2021 pics I see black with all black trim and silver for all others. Was the door handle color changed for 2022?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

It's an option but isn't standard.

4. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Most of the pictures of the 2022 is of the iconic trim which comes with the piano black trim package (look for the black headlight trim rings). I believe this package is not available for the other trims, I was not able to order it on my signature.

However!
    You can order any trim with black door handles (option code: ZGF). It doesn't show up in the online build options so you have to ask your dealer to add it.

5. notalk

notalk New Member

So, the silver is standard on 2022, and the black is optional; correct?

Guessing the 2022 photos I've seen are all with the optional black.

GvilleGuy likes this.
  6. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

If you were to order the Iconic trim, I would double check to make sure the piano black trim is not standard. But silver should be the default on Sig and Sig+.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. notalk

notalk New Member

Thanks. Plan on ordering Signature Plus, but will wait for the return of HK stereo. And, I prefer the silver to match the beltline and light frame trims.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

IMO, it makes zero sense to build the Iconic SEs with all black trim EXCEPT for the beltline.

I could understand the black beltline omission if MINI didn't make black beltline trim, but MINI does make black beltline trim. MINI (imagine sarcastic font here): "It's too much trouble to put black beltline trim on the car at the factory. If customers want it, they can pay the big bucks and put it on after they get their car."

Fortunately for me, my 2021 Iconic has matching all-chrome trim, which I like very much.