Silly EV Requirements

Discussion in 'General' started by ColoradoLeaf, Feb 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ColoradoLeaf

ColoradoLeaf New Member

I received my annual vehicle registration renewal postcard for my seven year old EV. Usually one can renew online in Colorado, which I attempted to do. The state website informed me that I could not renew online as I require an emissions test. This despite the card showing Fuel = Z (Zero emission.)
    I wrote them to inform them of their error. A clerk helpfully replied that all hybrids still require an emission inspection after eight years. I countered with the dual facts that the car is not a hybrid, rather all-electric and only seven years old. Crickets...
    I will take it to the emissions inspection station Friday. Stay tuned for the startling conclusion.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

See if you can record it and post a YouTube. <GRINS>

Bob Wilson

4. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

My mind just exploded.

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

“Bureaucracy is the art of making the possible impossible” -- Javier Pascual Salcedo

I'm guessing it's a Leaf? Other low-volume BEVs would fit the category (including the Tesla Roadster and the RAV4 EV), but I think the odds are that its a Leaf.

6. ColoradoLeaf

ColoradoLeaf New Member

2012 Leaf, 7 years one month old, 81000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Paul K

Paul K Active Member

because it's not my Leaf and I don't live in Colorado I actually found this pretty funny.

9. So, how'd it go? Did it pass? :)

10. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

o_O ROFLOL