side window deflectors for 2022

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Bill W., Nov 2, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bill W.

Bill W. New Member

At the risk of diluting the battery recall threads (I have a 2022 with no recalls), I have a quick question on side window deflectors for my model year.
    I expect that there hasn't been a body dimension change from 2021 to 2022 but I thought I'd ask on the forum if anyone has purchased side window deflectors for a 2022 model.
    The weathertech site only has 'Kona' listed as an option for 2022 and I asked if they would fit an EV model, they emailed me back saying that they couldn't confirm it.

Anyone with info on this?
    TIA

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. There should be no difference in the body styles between 2019 MY and 2022 MY that would have an effect on side window visors. I bought these in 2019 and reused them for my 21 MY .:)
    https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/modifications-and-tweaks.5009/page-3#post-54907

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    mho likes this.
  4. Although I don't have window deflectors, I do have the windows:) The door dimensions have not changed from the earliest to latest models of Kona EV.

5. Bill W.

Bill W. New Member

Thanks both. Yeah, I kinda figured there hadn't been any body changes. I think I'll go ahead and order the weathertechs .... I prefer the 'in channel' type to the glue on type. Plus, I don't have a garage or any reasonable method to get the metal temperature to 70°.
    Thanks!

6. Bill W.

Bill W. New Member

Just thought I'd tidy up this thread. I ordered the Weathertech deflectors for my Kona on spec. When they arrived, they actually had 'Kona EV' labeled on the plastic wrap, along with the other Kona model. They fit perfectly (as you'd expect from Weathertech).
    So, if you're wondering...yes, they fit the 2022 Kona EV.

arhnold likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.