Should HUD be off when travelling over rough roads?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by hwitten, Jun 4, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Took the Kona out for a bit of exercise today. Trip included some washboardy sections of gravel roads and a few cattle guards. Speed was slow to very slow but nevertheless the HUD display would vibrate some which got me to thinking whether it would be better to store the display panel in the down position under those conditions, I.e. HUD off.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I don't think it matters. The display is actually kind of spring loaded. You can try, cautiously I'd suggest.

4. Thanks. Good to know re the spring loaded mounting. Makes me feel a bit more comfortable :)
    Not that I plan to travel on gravel much but sometimes it can't be helped.

Esprit1st likes this.
  5. neil arundel

neil arundel New Member

I live in Ireland - what is HUD??? My Kona has nothing like that.

6. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Heads Up Display. A bit of curved clear plastic that comes up above the instrument cluster - if you look at it you get basic info, but you can look through it to see the road. Not all models have it - in the US, only Ultimate has his feaure.

What it displays is basic information like speed, speed limit, lane-keep-assist info, adaptive cruise control info. If you have navigation on, it displays distance to the next turn. Also, little orange lights come on when there is someone in your blind spot.

hwitten likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Excellent explanation ericy. Thank You. My apologies for assuming all markets had a model of KONA with HUD. That d..n assuming got me again.