Setting Regeneration Everytime you Drive. Really?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Smitty79, Mar 16, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Smitty79

Smitty79 Member

I drive a Tesla Model 3. But I'd like to get a car that doesn't sit so low as I get older (65 tomorrow).

The Ionic 5 and the EV6 seem like reasonable options. But I saw a review the other day that said that you have to use the paddles to get back to one pedal driving every time you get back in the car. Was that correct?

This might be a deal killer for me. I almost never touch the brake. I set the car for one pedal driving and use it forever.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. BobS

BobS Active Member

I tried it today, I put it in one pedal mode, then turned the car off and back on. When it came back on I was in level 3 Regen mode but not one pedal. To get it back to one pedal mode simply pull up on the paddle on the right side of the wheel.

4. Daniel Achatz

Daniel Achatz New Member

It’s true, at this time the car reverts to level three when you shut it off. One click of the left paddle turns it right back on. I like that it’s turned off, because my garage is very tight, and when I first back out in the morning I like it in creep mode so that I can just ride the brake on the way out. Once I’m out, one click of the left paddle and I’m good for the rest of the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

5. michael-in-raleigh

michael-in-raleigh New Member

i'm 69 the paddles won't be a problem for you, i promise

in addition, my wife prefers i-pedal but i love free-wheeling! i'm always having to take off her i-pedal, so it's sticky

you will flat love the i5

6. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    I just got my Ioniq 5. I had a 24 hour Tesla demo last year. I fell in love with one pedal driving on the Tesla and started driving the Ioniq 5 that way. However, after playing with regen settings, i find that i love dynamic regen (Auto). Apparently it's variable regen based on incline / decline, and distance to lead vehicle. Seems nicer and smoother to me. You pull the right paddle and hold, to enter auto. You can also select varying levels of auto regen by pulling left paddle. It will not come to a complete stop, but almost. I'm still experimenting with how to come to a stop. Pull and hold the left paddle, or minimal application of brakes.

I agree that one left paddle pull is super easy to get back to ipedal each drive. BUT.. play around a little. You may be surprised at what you like best.

And yes, you will fall in love with the Ioniq 5

7. To remove this ad click here.