Set default regen level for drive modes?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by MSimpsonNJ, Apr 5, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

Hi all - picked up my RWD SEL last night and am thrilled. Question: on my Kona I could set the default regen level for each drive mode. Currently my I5 defaults to regen 3 (in all drive modes I think) and I would prefer if it defaulted to regen 1. I did a quick search on here and did not find anything, and I skimmed the manual and nothing jumped out at me that discusses this issue (granted I still need to study the manual in detail). Does anyone know if and how this can be done? Thanks.

Mark

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I liked that about the Kona also. Unfortunately I don't think you can do that in the Ioniq 5

electriceddy likes this.
  4. This Hyundai video @ 1:31 states regenerative breaking on I5 2WD LR only defaults to level 3 at restart, while on all other models it will default to the last selected level. I can see that changing in the future with a software update, as it would be prudent to do so. Maybe write them an E-mail, the more complaints-the more chance they might actually do something about it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  5. Crash

Crash Member

Agree this is disappointing. Also with my Niro, I could set it to start always in AUTO.

Page 6-16 of manual:
    The regenerative braking system on 2WD Long Range vehicles defaults to Level 3 (L3) in order to maximize vehicle’s all electric range.
    Driver is able to adjust the regenerative system to their preference after each vehicle start, but it will only remain until the vehicle is shut down.