Seat covers

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by NeatTown, Jun 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I've searched and only seen a few posts on seat covers, but for those that have them, which ones did you go with? I'm not sure how I feel with going with generic/universal covers as I would prefer something more form fit to the seat. So far Coverking is my first choice

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

I'd also like recommendations. I may need to put a 75 pound dog in the car sometime and I'd really like the leather protected from claws when I do.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I ordered the Aries Seat Defender for $26 as a temporary cover for the occasional muddy dog or soccer player for the front seat or when I’ve got dirty work pants on.
    I didn’t want a permanent cover; just one I could easily put on when needed. This works perfectly. It slips over the headrest with elastic at the top and has a rubber backing so it doesn’t slide around when someone sits on it. It’s heavy duty oxford type cloth and waterproof and folds up to fit in the trunk cubby. I’m very pleased with mine and it’s held up well for over a year.
    They also make one for the back seat that’s $39.

Here’s the link:
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=aries+seat+defender&sprefix=aries+seat&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_10

FWIW, Honda makes a great cover for the rear seat. It’s very form fitting and doesn’t look like you threw on a tarp but is several hundred dollars and can’t be taken on and off regularly. Also, it fits by way of having several pieces so there are seams where liquid can run down. If I had to put muddy people or dog claws in the back seat, I’d get the rear Aries Seat Defender.

NeatTown likes this.
  5. bill_m

bill_m Member

Have you tried just getting a moving blanket, folded across your seats? About $5 at Harbor Freight.

6. Margo

Margo New Member

Since my Lab is a regular in my car, I bought the fitted Honda seat covers for the back seat. As KentuckyKen said, they are form fitting but come in a bunch of pieces and would be a major PITA to take off and on. They are a neoprene type of material so wipe down easily. Only problem is, if I want to have passengers in the back seat, they pretty much are sitting on these semi-permanent seat covers. So now I cover the covers with a removable and washable dog hammock so I can minimize the mess for passengers!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

It sounds nice until you see what she does with blankets on a day bed. The moving blanket would be in a wad on the floor five minutes into the trip :p

9. Not a bad option for the front seats. I just got my clarity last week and would rather spend the extra cash on tinting.

10. bill_m

bill_m Member

I sort of remember those days! My 65 pound standard poodle is pretty mellow, but he is 14 years old now...