SE Review: The Electric Hot-Hatch is Here

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Puppethead, Feb 21, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

MichaelC, minimaine and Urbanengineer like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Urbanengineer

Urbanengineer Active Member

I assume their version of traction control off is just DTC off not full disable?

I need to play around with the sporty dynamics more. A car meant to be driven after all

minimaine likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Questions about TechRadar's editorial rigor arise immediately when I see a photo of a 2022 SE below the words "110 miles at a time." The article hammers on the SE's 110-mile EPA range over and over, making me wonder if the writer, Myriam Joire, was simply sourcing an old MINI Cooper SE review for specs. Where did she get the 0-60 mph time of 6.5 seconds?

I don't miss the option of yellow seatbelts Myriam begs for and I was surprised to learn the HUD is a color display even though I use it every day. Did it change for 2022?

5. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

I've seen the HUD show speed limit signs in Germany with their red outline, so I'd guess it can do color?

6. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

Yes - the 2022 HUD has colors. Older versions are black / white?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I read the article a few days ago. Great example of how to say something worth three words in seven.

insightman likes this.
  9. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I read it as fully disabled, but maybe I'm projecting. The reviewer seemed rather familiar with driving FWD vehicles.

My 2021 SE has a color HUD. On turn-by-turn I get green to show which lane to be in.

10. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

My 2021's HUD is also in color. Most evident with navigation graphics and when scrolling through radio presets/media playlists.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Oh, I forgot about the navigation display on the HUD. I'm always driving in known territory so I never use the nav.

MichaelC likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Many European parking stalls are only 7.5-7.8 feet wide and parallel parking spaces might be as little as 6.5 feet wide. Downsizing to a MINI does wonders for your garage space. I've reclaimed almost 4 feet (length) in the garage.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    MichaelC likes this.
  14. Urbanengineer

Urbanengineer Active Member

its better than you’d expect.