Screen Blackout

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by Vinny, Mar 29, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Has anyone had the screen black out while traveling, No GPS, No Climate control including defroster No Back up Camera.
    It's happened more than once to me on a trip.
    VW has no answer excepted wait for new software, I been waiting 20 months.
    Now I recieved a letter from VW that my Electric motor could quit at anytime while driving, no fix on that as well.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kings

Kings New Member

Hello Vinny. We had an interesting situation yesterday. A bit different from yours but still problematic. We had 10 warning signs informing us that our ESC,auto hold,drive system,traffic alert,electrical system not working (please service vehicle),AW drive, traffic alert, lane assist….all not working. It got us home but was extremely sluggish in acceleration. Thank you for your post. I’m now going to have them tow the car and let them keep it until something gets figured out. Very thankful to have made it home! I hope you can exchange the car or move on to something else.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Your problem might be something as simple as a bad 12V battery.

5. Randy Shanofsky

Randy Shanofsky New Member

I had some weird infotainment issues like the ones you describe. I traced the issue directly to the VW Car-Net app on my phone, deleted the app, and haven't had any issues since.

6. Upstate Jurist

Upstate Jurist New Member

This happens to me all the time (well, about three or so times per month). At least for me, if I hold the power button for ten seconds or so it resets the display and things work fine. Not sure what causes it. It is annoying for sure.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

What software version are you on?