Scheduled for production within My Mini Garage

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by mini2023, Aug 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. mini2023

mini2023 New Member

Hi All,

I have been tracking the progress of my Mini 2023 Ev on the mini website. Was really excited that the factory has scheduled for production a few weeks ago. But today, the tracking was updated and the progress was revised downward to the first step-"We received your order"
    Called mini and now it's projected to be scheduled on 9.25.2022. They did not really have an answer why but mentioned there is a potential that parts are not available. I ordered the signature plus 2.0 model with one option heated s. Wheel.

So, I would appreciate if anyone can share information.

Thank you

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

As the QC Regiment shakes their collective heads. "Oh, if you only knew what is ahead."

Welcome to the forum, @mini2023 ! Your Mini production is at the whim of the Plant Oxford parts availability. Pre-Covid delays, the production schedule was somewhat predictable. This year, the production schedule is NOT very predictable. Parts shortages have caused delays of months for some unlucky buyers. Others have sailed through more quickly.

Additional helpful information in other threads. Search around. Here is one:

https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?threads/how-to-track-your-mini-se-build-and-shipping.10157/

DJCoopster likes this.
  4. wally3

wally3 Active Member

Heated steering wheel is likely the culprit. Most of us had that option deleted and credited back to us (used to be standard for some models).

5. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Oh yes, and yet we don't wish it on anyone but also are fortunate compared to our English brothers/sisters that have to wait even longer for some strange reason.

6. My situation is very similar. I ordered my SE on 6/21/22 and was excited that I had a production number in early August. About a week later, it moved to "Scheduled for Production" and after another week it returned to "Order Received". Early this week it moved back to "Scheduled for Production", so I decided to call Mini. They told me that my car was scheduled for week 37 (September 11th), and I should have my Mini by the end of October.

In retrospect, since the factory was closed for 3 weeks for the summer shutdown, I think my car is right on schedule. Still, the wait is killing me.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Welcome to the forum! You have many fellow sufferers here--we understand your pain. Most of us have found the cure: delivery. Hang on, this car is worth the wait!

GreenDragon likes this.
  9. MiniSEfan

MiniSEfan New Member

Ordered my SE in mid May of this year. Heard NOTHING from dealer until I called earlier this week. They apologized and told me that the Car was scheduled for production this week - and that they should have given me a production number back in July. Went to the website yesterday, put in the production number and was told the car was in the paint shop. Last night the was ready for assembly, and this morning it is listed as “awaiting assignment to transport”. If all goes well, I should take delivery late September/ early October, which is in line with what I was told to expect when I placed the order.

wessy, MichaelC, insightman and 4 others like this.
  10. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

In my experience, moving backward in the queue is a good thing, as it means they're waiting for the correct parts instead of building your car with some options missing. I know waiting sucks, but hopefully this means you'll get everything you were expecting.

wessy likes this.
  11. My Mini went back to "ordered" again today. I think I may have been bumped again in the schedule. When I called Mini about 2 weeks ago, my car was scheduled production the week of September 12th.

8/2 - Ordered
    8/10 - Scheduled for Production
    8/15 - Ordered
    8/23 - Scheduled for Production
    9/6 - Ordered

12. To remove this ad click here.