Say hello to the new (electric) Ford Explorer

Discussion in 'Ford Explorer (Europe)' started by Domenick, Mar 21, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The all-electric Ford Explorer has just made its debut. Though it uses the nameplate of cars that are still combustion-powered in the US, this European product sits on the MEB platform from Volkswagen.
    Priced starting from €45,000 (~$45,000), the Explorer is significantly more affordable than the Mustang Mach-E (€62,900 ($67,600)) and comes in just two trims: Explorer and Explorer Premium.
    Not much yet in the way of technical details, but one can probably expect power levels to be similar to other MEB products like the Volkswagen ID. 4. DC fast charging, they say, can happen as quickly as 25 minutes to go from 10 percent to 80 percent. Like the VW ID. 4, it will be available in rear or dual-motor AWD configurations.

ford-explorer-elettrica-2023 (2).jpg

ford-explorer-elettrica-2023 (1).jpg

ford-explorer-elettrica-2023 (3).jpg

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I have to share this other promotional photo as well. Just in case some of you are professional archeologists and want to know if the Explorer is a good fit for your very special profession. Apparently, it is. o_O
    ford-explorer-pyramid.jpg

4. Because nothing says "Working archaeologist" like perfect nails and hair...

5. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

Ford's Oakville plant in Canada is currently making the Edge which is closing down in 2024 to retool for EV in 2025. I hope this gets built there. I will stand outside the gate waiting for one.

Domenick likes this.
  6. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

This car is not coming to the US at this time. Europe only….Thanks Ford

I do wonder what EV will be the next for the US and when??

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

You could get the VW ID.4ord. Same platform, same wheelbase and larger size. The Explorer EV is smaller than the IONIQ 5.

9. rcarter3636

rcarter3636 Member

No thanks.
    Already had the ID4 and sold after 18 months.
    Not reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

On Ford Authority I read an unrelated article and it mentioned that the Oakville plant was slated to be producing an all electric version of the Explorer. Ford Workers In Canada Could Get Profit-Sharing Check (fordauthority.com)

Will have to see what they build when I hear it from the horse's mouth.

11. ID.4ord! Love it.
    From what I understand, an American version of the electric Ford Explorer and and Lincoln Aviator will be built in Oakville, Ontario, with retooling happening in 2024. This will not be the MEB-based Explorer, which is not coming to the US.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

Hopefully the North American version will look similar. I love the integration of the large screen. One pet peeve of my wife is that most vehicles they stick the screen on top of the dash, it looks like an afterthought.

Domenick likes this.
  14. Yes, I do like that screen integration myself.