Saw an EV6 at

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by insightman, Mar 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I've been waiting to see an EV6 around Ann Arbor and at 9 AM this morning it finally happened. Sadly, the white EV6 I spied was sitting abandoned by the side of I-94, a mile east of US-23. Not a good first-look. I wonder if it was a mechanical break-down or a lack of planning that was responsible?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

I drove one at my local dealer! Interior was modern and screen was responsive. Seat was comfy. Smaller and lower (5 inches) than my CRV, but sexier, like a Macan. It’s a crossover, not an SUV. I can live with that. AWD was quick and handling was good. It had 1500 miles, used already, so no tax credit. Dealer wanted $55500. No rear wiper and no self-driving. So goodbye sexy.

4. insightman

Being a fan of cars and a non-fan of SUVs/CUVs, I can't wait to see the revised-before-ever-shown Ioniq 6. No rear wiper, but that's normal for a sedan. If it looks anything like the Prophecy concept car (below), it will be a hit.

upload_2022-3-28_23-16-4.png

5. JONATHAN BARTON

JONATHAN BARTON New Member

You can use rear camera at any time so no need for rear wiper.

6. insightman

Does the rear camera have a wiper? The rear cameras on my cars could use one.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. JONATHAN BARTON

JONATHAN BARTON New Member

not found it needs clearing

9. insightman

Today, I was charging my MINI Cooper SE next to a man charging his Kia EV6. He told me his EV6 is saving him so much money on his daily commute of, gulp, 140 miles! I asked if he had to wait a long time after placing his order. He told me he had been trying to purchase a Mustang Mach-E, but became frustrated by the backlog. Then one day he while driving his ICEV, he saw a trailerful of Kias go by and one of them was a white EV6. He followed the truck to the Kia dealer and purchased that EV6 on the spot when he discovered it wasn't already spoken for. I didn't ask how much he paid for his instant EV6.

10. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

Now that's devotion! Probably $10k markup plus add ons, and $65k out the door!

11. NiroOwner

NiroOwner New Member

For anyone else worried about the EV6 having no rear wiper, I've been driving mine for almost a year and the slope of the rear window makes a rear wiper unnecessary, just like most sedans. The Ioniq5, on the other hand, apparently could really uses one.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. I noticed a number of Kia EV6 the past few days, which is kind of strange because I've really only seen a couple around here prior to that. The last one I saw, the guy was parked and had his window down and was looking at me in my Tesla Model 3. He eventually waved as I got close and I waved back. Should have given him the thumbs up for being in the cool car.

Mike Bearsails and insightman like this.
  14. Wife saw a Runway Red EV6 a couple days ago as she was driving our Kona EV. She was super excited, as we have a RR EV6 on order (kind of expect it in July/Aug) as soon as she got home she e mailed our salesman for an update!
    Really looking forward to the EV6 - love the styling and the ride (a cousin has a Ioniq5 and hopefully being the same platform the EV6 will be similar!)

Domenick and insightman like this.