Saskatchewan gets another EV slap in face

Discussion in 'General' started by electriceddy, Jun 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. " we are able to say that electric vehicles are more expensive to repair. So in order to ensure fairness for the rest of the vehicles, anybody driving an electric vehicle is going to pay a bit more"
    These words of wisdom from Jeff Stepan, chief financial officer for Saskatchewan Government insurance.
    This hit will affect 26 of 31 models currently on the roads in the province.
    Meanwhile... 52% of ICE vehicles will see a decrease.
    Seriously?:confused:
    [​IMG]

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/insuring-your-electric-vehicle-in-saskatchewan-is-about-to-get-more-expensive/

mho, bluzer1, Fastnf and 1 other person like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Good thing I do not live in Saskatchewan. I thought Ontario was the worst place for EV's since Doug Ford cancelled the EV rebate in Ontario altogether.

Dan

4. Harvey

Harvey Member

have to wait to get an ev for the insurance, but it's bad enough for gas.
    insurance is just insane in alberta too.
    if i kept the coverage i had, my insurance would have more than doubled in 4 years with a 5% cap in place. figure that.
    my car is older so i dropped everything to the minimum now.
    and even that's more than i was paying 4 years ago.

5. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Meh, It's why I've ordered a Cybertruck and will opt for liability insurance only for $50 per year.

6. From the Insure my Tesla (Canada) website:
    *The InsureMyTesla program is powered by Aviva. This program is administered by Aviva Agency Services Inc., who distributes insurance products underwritten by S&Y Insurance Company and Traders General Insurance Company. Aviva Agency Services Inc., S&Y Insurance Company and Traders General Insurance Company are wholly-owned subsidiaries of Aviva Canada Inc. Auto insurance is only available in the provinces where private auto insurance is sold; not available in British Columbia, Manitoba or Saskatchewan. Tesla is not an insurance company or agent. The content on this website is for information purposes only. For exact terms, conditions, restrictions and limitations, please refer to your policy wording. Aviva and the Aviva logo are trademarks used under licence by the licensor.
    https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/support/insuremytesla
    I agree, a definite benefit if it is available to the owner. It would probably make me cry to see a quote for Cybertruck in these provinces:(

mho likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.