S3 Partners on Tesla shorted stock

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Jun 15, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: https://s3partners.net/Research/TSLA14.php

It’s been a very good day for Elon Musk and Tesla Inc. (TSLA) long shareholders but a very forgettable day for the $11 billion of short sellers in the stock as they are down over $1 billion in mark-to-market losses on Tesla’s 9.7% price move. The rally comes on the heels of a successful annual meeting . . .

[​IMG]
    What attracted me to look: http://www.hybridcars.com/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-splurges-25-million-worth-tesla-stock/

Tesla CEO Elon Musk has purchased $25 million worth of Tesla stock this week.

According to an SEC filing, his latest purchase totals 72,500 shares ranging from $342 to $347, representing ownership of roughly 19 percent of the company. Last month, Musk also purchased $10 million in stock, a move widely acknowledged as an attempt to reverse sentiment amidst Model 3 production woes and strike back against short sellers.

“The sheer magnitude of short carnage will be unreal,” tweeted Musk at the time. “If you’re short, I suggest tiptoeing quietly to the exit…”

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Yeah, okay, Tesla shorters are getting exactly what they deserve -- which is their shorts being put into the wringer, losing billions of dollars. AGAIN! Learning has not taken place...

But aren't there already enough forums engaged in endless dissection of the pros and cons of investing in Tesla stock either "long" or "short"? Is it really necessary to use this forum for that?

Do we really want to see InsideEVs Forum swamped with the kinds of endless repetitive arguments seen in scores or hundreds of posts every single day on Seeking Alpha alone, and also on Yahoo Finance and other forums?

Honestly, I'd very much like to see the Moderators here create a special sub-section for Tesla Investor talk, and move every single discussion of this subject to that one area, where those of us who actually want to talk about electric cars can safely ignore those discussions.

4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

It was the stories about Elon buying Tesla stock that caught my eye. Elon is having the time of his life playing a great game including skewer his enemies. He takes great delight in it.

Bob Wilson