Rust Proofing

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by CanuckTom, Nov 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CanuckTom

CanuckTom Member

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone else was told that rust Proofing their vehicle would void the factory warranty? I was told this pretty much as I was signing the paperwork and didn't really think twice about it.

I was recently in an accident and am awaiting the repairs to my vehicle and thinking now especially about getting it Krown sprayed to make sure any potential rust development is kept at bay. I live in Toronto so we get a lot of salt spray and salty slush in and around our cars and I am hoping to hold onto this car for the long term.

Anyone have any insights. I asked the collision center about it and was told that this is a common scare tactic by dealers and that the Krown stuff especially is not likely to degrade electrical components or rubber and is not an electrical conductor.

Thanks in advance for the insights.

Tom

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I haven't heard any such thing from dealer in the UK. Could you just put some good electrical insulation tape on the scratch to protect it?
    Have you investigated if your paint will need curing in the oven, what temperature?. I would perhaps be more concerned about heating the battery, in the long run