RST Price and Range

Discussion in 'Silverado EV' started by Nebula, Apr 3, 2024.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RST Price and Range has been revealed today 440 Miles and $96K

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Exactly 4 times my MINI's EPA range! I wonder how much an RST weighs and how long it would take to charge on my 48-Amp L2 EVSE?

4. Pricing in Canada was announced today as well. I went straight to my local dealer where I had a deposit, and got my refund. While there, they tried to get me to do an order, as my number was close enough to get one maybe this year. While I liked the Silverado EV, (some similarities to my old Avalanche), I did not like the prices. I think Ford, with the recent dramatic price cuts and discounts is a much better buy. This truck was actually for my son, but he does not want it now. I suspect a lot more people will be cashing in their deposits.

5. You realize this is the RST right? lower trims will be available over time.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. There are currently only 3 Trims available the 3WT, the 4WT, and the RST. So the two highest trimmed Work Trucks and the first Consumer model. Later in the year more trims will be revealed.

8. Ford lots are full of Lightnings (and other cars), but no Pros, as that is where the demand is. Big discounts on the higher priced ones, but that's not what is selling now.

At the Chevy dealer, business slow, too. Salesperson says still not getting supply for EVs, but I think it is more a sign of the times with the EV market.

9. GM is targeting specific regions for EV rollout and is working directly with Fleets. As the year progresses you will see more and more show on dealer lots.

10. Well, if you believe the news, the manufacturers are slowing down their EV production plans and turning their production more to hybrids. In Canada, Ford just delayed an EV plant by 2 years.
    https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2024/04/04/ford-updates-timing-for-next-gen-evs--readies-manufacturing-plan.html

EVs have been getting a lot of bad press lately, a lot to with charging infrastructure issues and horror stories about broken chargers. Problem doesn't seem to be getting resolved anytime soon. And manufacturers might be factoring in a Trump win this fall and the rolling back of the EV mandates.

When I was at the Chevy dealer, they had about 10 or more L2 chargers in front of their showroom, all unused. When I asked if they are available for the public, the answer was no, only for customers. That type of attitude sure doesn't help.

11. To remove this ad click here.