Rotate tires

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Brewer Fan, Sep 30, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Brewer Fan

Brewer Fan Member

We have a 2023 Mini SE iconic trim….picked up June 19th. We live in South Carolina so tires are all weather Hankook that come with car in US. How often should I rotate tires. We have almost 2000 miles on car. Thx!

SameGuy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I think they rotate by themselves every time you release the parking brake and hit the go pedal.;)

4. SameGuy

YUL
    Seriously though, unless you’re doing something like 30,000 miles a year, I would just base it on time. Every spring and every fall would be enough.

5. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

How often did you rotate the tires on your other cars? STDM same thing different motor.

SameGuy likes this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Wait, since when did MINI fit the MINI Cooper SE with anything other than non-runflat summer performance tires? What is the model of your Hankook tires?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2022
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Wreckless117

Wreckless117 Well-Known Member

I rotate every 5000 miles. Usually do it with an oil change.

SameGuy likes this.
  9. Alf_W

Alf_W Active Member

Sounds good. I’ll rotate the tires when I do my next oil change on the SE. :D

10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

With the SE's more even weight distribution perhaps rotation isn't as important? I personally do mine every fall and spring, because I switch between summer and winter tires.

SameGuy likes this.
  11. Wreckless117

Wreckless117 Well-Known Member

Maybe if it was Awd, but the electric torque wears the tires down pretty quick. You might not notice much if your low mileage, or swap summer/winters such as yourself. I'm hoping to get 30-35k miles out of my original set.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

5000 miles to rotate is good for any vehicle
    All names on tires are for different tasks,As you have Hankooks tires they not all weather tires they high performance tires only for summer driving.As you said you have all weather tires you wrong ,all weather tires are good for light snow they have a snow flakes on them and summer driving to . All season tires are good for all year driving but not really for snowing condition with low temperatures. And winter tires are good for snow in cold climates and a lot of snow .That’s means we have 4 different tires design for different weather conditions for driving around in different weather conditions.My SE is on 16 ‘ wheels and I give same examples of 4 designs not necessary as Nokian tires is more brands to choose but as all weather tires a Nokian is my favorite with low rolling resistance snow flake and high milage .Right now those Nokians all weather tires are on Subaru Forester waiting for winter in NY . 731F7536-DEE9-4994-905F-1BF0950DFC8E.jpeg 0DBB3955-85CB-4977-8EAF-394DB64560FB.jpeg E7FDB4CD-A9E7-425B-957C-1A35CF3D859F.jpeg E7FDB4CD-A9E7-425B-957C-1A35CF3D859F.jpeg E7FDB4CD-A9E7-425B-957C-1A35CF3D859F.jpeg

Attached Files:

14. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

AD71525C-6DE4-4A81-8A2E-D421E6A2573A.jpeg

15. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

I picked up my SE in July. I'm in NC. She will be getting Nokian WR-G4 all weather boots in around a month. Full winter tyres are overkill for this part of the USA. WR-G4s were absolutely perfect as winters for my R53.

SameGuy and Rexsio like this.
  16. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

People are not recognize all season tires from all weather tires good choice from my perspective for NC weather as NY

17. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

As you on path way on flooding and hurricane take your family to higher grounds and your cars and SE God bless You

18. pictsidhe

If I was in NY, I'd be tempted to run the Nokians all year. If they don't hurt the mileage too much.

19. SameGuy

YUL
    Most Nokians are LRR tires, but not sure about the all-weather WR.

20. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

WR G4 are marked LRR and “recommended for electrics” according to Nokian. Getting mine mounted today. Was going to wait until winter to install, but curious what the range hit is while we still have nice weather…

SameGuy and insightman like this.
  21. pictsidhe

On my R53, I found WRG4s to be fine in autumn/spring weather.
    I'm going to attempt to measure the rolling resistance of tyres I use.
    The plan:
    Gentle hill outside my house. Stop at a certain pole. Put in neutral, measure acceleration to 60 feet and 1/8 mile using a free app. At low speed transmission drag and tyre resistance are dominant.

SameGuy likes this.
  22. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

That what I see on my Nokian WR G4 stamp on but I’m trying them on SubaruForester for now.ATTACH=full]18459[/ATTACH] 2F80C858-0405-4F27-BC5E-7A83282DFD8E.jpeg

Attached Files:

23. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

73780B96-0DE0-44A1-8276-56326C549917.jpeg