RIvian R1T videos

Discussion in 'R1T' started by Domenick, Nov 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. It seems the looks of the front of the Rivian R1T pickup truck are somewhat polarizing. Watch it in action and see how little you care about the shape and arrangement of the headlights.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. But wait, there's more. (Ths first one shows how many awesome things they've managed to incorporate in this design.)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  4. ...and more.

5. One last one for now.

6. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I'm rather disappointed at all the negative comments about Rivian's design for (obviously LED) headlights. I think it's smart of Rivian to give the front of its truck a distinctive look, something like BMW's twin grille, or the Buick grille.

If anything disappoints me about the design of the RT1, it's that it looks too much like a gasmobile pickup. I look forward to the day when most or all BEV manufacturers -- not just Tesla -- are not afraid to make bold design choices that take full advantage of the "skateboard" platform on which compelling BEVs are designed, rather than slavishly imitating the design of gasmobiles.

If auto makers were afraid to make truly new designs enabled by new technologies, then we'd still be driving horseless carriages with the engine mounted above the back axle, with wooden carriage wheels wrapped in iron tires, and a steering tiller rather than a steering wheel.

The motorcar revolution brought new designs to personal vehicles. I hope the EV revolution does likewise!

Go Rivian!
    :)

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Ditto on the front end design. I saw it and was a bit surprised, but I found it a refreshing change. People like to anthropomorphize vehicles, so when they don't have round headlights (I remember the square headlights raised lots of eyebrows in the '70s), objections are sure to be raised.

I think people will get past it pretty quickly and maybe even learn to appreciate this fascia.

NeilBlanchard likes this.
  9. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

Somehow, it reminds me of some Land Rovers - the nose, that is.

Domenick likes this.
  10. Fresh video! Great look behind the scenes and views of the R1T we haven't seen before.

Pushmi-Pullyu likes this.
  11. Here is the official public presentation of the vehicles at the LA Auto Show.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Detroitable

Detroitable New Member

I thought it needed a higher energy video with an idea, so I cut them one.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2018
    Domenick likes this.
  14. Great stuff! I passed it along to the InsideEVs crew and it may get a post featuring it.

NeilBlanchard and Detroitable like this.
  15. Detroitable

Detroitable New Member

That would be awesome. What would the angle be? EV advertising? or something about overzealous consumers, or the excitement the EV market is starting to generate?

16. I dunno, you tell me. :)
    I ended up getting the assignment, so I watched it and a few of your other videos (which I enjoyed) and just wrote.

17. Detroitable

Detroitable New Member

Ah, maybe it could be something like the unexpected perks of building something that inspires people. I'm sure whatever you write will be great.

18. I was trying to be funny, and linked it in the previous comment, but here it is again:
    Fan Commercial Rocks Out Rivian R1T Electric Truck Footage

19. Detroitable

Detroitable New Member

Oh Duh! That's awesome! Thank you Domenick!

Domenick likes this.
  20. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

Robin Trower - great choice!

21. Detroitable

Detroitable New Member

Thank you. I thought that intro had grabbing power and Bridge of Sighs is a classic.

22. Rivian put out a little video today featuring the R1T using footage from its recent trip in Colorado. Some of the clips can be seen in the longer "Searching for Powder" video that has both of the vehicles in it, but I think there's some new footage too.

23. A look at Rivian working on the aerodynamics of the R1T.