Rivian R1T And Mini Cooper SE Top JD Power US EV Experience Study

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by revorg, Feb 28, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

"The Mini Cooper (Electric Hardtop) was the clear mass-market leader, with a score of 782 out of 1,000. While we can't officially compare the premium and mass-market segments, you can see that the Cooper has the second-highest overall score, putting it just behind the R1T and ahead of Tesla's premium contenders when considering all 15 EVs as a whole."

INSIDEVs

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

It's a bit self-selecting, being a survey of people who already chose to buy a given model... but clearly not a lot of MINI Cooper SE owners are finding the range to be overly-burdensome.

sacharama likes this.
  4. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

Yes, a bit self-selecting, but would you ask someone for an opinion if they had no experience with a car? I will agree with you, most surveys like this go to fans. Maybe Mini buyers react more favorably to surveys.

SameGuy likes this.
  5. fishbert

It was just recognition of a significant statistical factor, not criticism.

sacharama likes this.
  6. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

Manufactures take the JD surveys and internal surveys you get at the dealer pretty seriously. While some might argue about how JD Power gets their rankings but within the industry it’s a coveted prize. Now that Tesla has been around for awhile they have their own data to fall back on but as the brand becomes more mainstream they’ll have to take notice at these surveys. Even if the Musketeers disagree

Internal surveys such as “how was your experience” etc will determine bonus structures for staff and could even result in termination of a service manager or GM if bad surveys keep stacking up.

Mini buyers might react more but in general BMW does sorta listen as a brand. Without repeat buyers, which are the core of any brand they have no business. Especially with word of mouth. The goal is to keep you happy and coming back every 3-4 years for a new car

That being said 782/1000 is impressive for a car that isn’t really mass market in the scheme of it and more leans on the luxury side with build quality that surpasses any Model 3. Well done Mini

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    Texas22Step, beerhecht, CamFG and 2 others like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

As well as being 1st in the mass-market segment and 2nd overall, the SE was 1st in (perceived) quality and reliability (the most heavily weighted factor).

Texas22Step and SameGuy like this.
  9. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    What’s funny is I feel the SE, EV6, Ioniq 5, and Mach-E are more “premium” than the M3 or MY. Unless “austere” and “white” now mean premium.

Qisl likes this.
  10. fishbert

CoachCookie and CuriousGeorge like this.
  11. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

The austerity allows the white to develop a bespoke patina. That builds character and a truly unique story!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

YUL
    giphy-downsized.gif

teslarati97 likes this.
  14. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

15. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Well-Known Member

I just spoke to my friend who has a Model Y and he said it’s not premium for costing 90k. Lousy dealer service, random build quality but the biggest issue is paint in his case and all Teslas. You almost need full PPF or wrap for another 5k…

SameGuy likes this.
  16. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

I chatted with a Tesla 3 performance guy on Sunday. He'd only just got it. He was very interested in my Mini.

17. Quorn

Quorn Member

The Range (size of battery) is well known to mini buyers so it is hardly surprising that owners are not concerned.
    As far as premium, I find my mini (ionic) to have all I need, with the exception of lane change alert, and analog speedometer.

18. We have two vehicles; a Rivian R1T and a Mini SE. I can see why both vehicles scored well…with that said it will be interesting to see if Rivian maintains the same high regard in the coming years. I love our Rivian, probably equally as much as the MINI, but it’s not without its issues. It’s going in for its second service visit next week for a long list of items. We went in with managed expectations along with a lot of other early owners. Once Rivian becomes more mainstream it will be interesting to see if they’re able to maintain the same level of customer satisfaction. The hope is their product improves with time. The MINI on the other hand has been problem free and is just as fun to drive as the day we took delivery.

CoachCookie and SameGuy like this.
  19. Sully151

Sully151 Member

Hey! I have an SE, which I totally love, and have a Rivian on order. Lets hope I love the Rivian too. And that they stay in business.

SameGuy likes this.
  20. SameGuy

YUL
    I am sure you will love it! If I really had a use case for a pickup truck I would lobby hard with the wife…