Rivian flip flops again.

Discussion in 'Rivian' started by RLXXI, Aug 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RLXXI

RLXXI Active Member

This flip flop (cutting two trims down to one for the R1T), I can understand from a $$$ point of view and sux for those caught in between. For what ever reason I haven't figured out , Rivian still sends me emails like when I held a pre order but canceled after the 1st FF ruined any chance of trust in the company for me. I'll copy and paste the whole email and let you decide.

Makes too much sense to get upset about but yeah,....

-------------------------------------------------------------

We appreciate your excitement for our company and our products. We have an update that affects your preorder and want to make sure you hear about it directly from us.

In order to deliver as many vehicles as possible, we have made the decision to discontinue the Explore Package. We realize this news is unexpected and apologize for how it impacts your plans.

When we initially launched our vehicles, we planned for two packages, Adventure and Explore, to offer more variety to our customers. The Explore Package was designed as our entry option and it was our expectation that a large number of customers would choose it. To date, only a small percentage of customers have chosen this configuration, with the vast majority selecting the Adventure trim. By focusing on the Adventure trim package, we’re able to streamline our supply chain and ultimately deliver vehicles more quickly.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. These interruptions in early production were commonplace with Tesla - and nobody noticed. Everybody and their Aunt Gertrude are watching, now.

This is a startup company. They're teetering over the edge of insolvency. I predict they (and their production IP) will be snapped up by GM and rebranded.

4. Keith Smith

Keith Smith Active Member

From Aug 2022 until now they have actually managed to hit their production targets, and while still bleeding not teetering. I don't think GM is gonna do it, but I wouldn't be suprised to see a partnership. Way too much debt with no income for a buyout. I really is a pretty nice looking truck / SUV and probably the best product in the niche for now.