Rivian CEO interview on skilift

Discussion in 'Rivian' started by Domenick, Jan 29, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Electric vehicle YouTuber Sean Mitchell interviewed Rivian CEO RJ Scaringe during the company's visit to the Winter X Games. Interestingly, the 17-minute video happens on a gondola-type ski lift.

Lots of interesting things to note here, so if you're interested in anything Rivian, this is a must-watch. Here's a little guide to the conversation if you like to skip to a particular part.

About Rivian: 00:25
    Where did the philosophy of avoiding hype come from: 1:17
    How do you respond to people who are gun-shy of a new EV company: 2:42
    What are your the R1T and R1S high level specs: 4:03
    What are your three battery size variants: 5:26
    How do you intend on tackling range anxiety: 6:27
    How have you addressed EV towing concerns: 7:27
    How have you approached autonomy: 8:34
    How is your HVAC design different from other cars: 9:55
    What makes your battery tech unique: 10:55
    How will Rivian represent battery degradation to the user: 12:41
    What type of testing did you do on your skid plate: 13:55
    How can a new EV company like succeed in the extremely capital intensive auto industry: 15:13

Guildenstern and RLXXI like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Guildenstern

Guildenstern New Member

Pretty good interview. Loved the location.

Wish there was more info available about the financial end of things. How much money they'll need to raise before production seriously gets underway in 2020, for example. And then, what kind of margins they can make on their vehicles and when they'll maybe see a profit.

4. Tom SD

Tom SD New Member

def best interview with actual information since the launch

Domenick likes this.
  5. Yeah, pretty good stuff. I can't tell you how many times I've heard RJ described as down-to-earth and approachable over the past couple months (including by people who've spoken with him) and it's reflected here. Helps to feel good about the integrity of the info he 's giving.

(I also thought the Fully Charged episode from the LA Auto Show was really good too, even though it doesn't feature RJ)