Reveal News claims Tesla safety record lacking

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Domenick, Apr 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Reveal News has published an article that takes Tesla to task over its worker safety record.

Definitely worth a read through. Some of the claims have been published before and some have been addressed. Some of the claims seem a bit thin or dumb (hi, yellow paint!), but others are troubling.

Tesla has responded to the article with a blog post.
    The response, to me, seems a little lacking in places. For instance, the first paragraph indulges in what seems like conspiratorial paranoia. It latter takes issue with reporters for doing their jobs, ie. contacting people to gain further information. Not a good look.

I also found the part comparing GM and Toyota's safety record at the Fremont factory to be unhelpful. Just tell us how it compares with contemporary factories.

I think, among other things, Tesla could benefit from a truly independent third-party evaluation of its various facilities with an eye to safety and other factors involving working conditions. I can understand the reflex to defend the company and its practices, but this super-combative approach isn't especially helpful.

I'm also not a fan of its apparent reliance on third-party staffing agencies. Seems like an easy way to escape responsibilities and liability.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. They really don't need this right now. They have too many people looking for things to attack them on without doing there damndest to come across as hostile and arrogant.

Also, if you are going to rebut an accusation about he lack of the color yellow in your plant, you really need to come up with more than two pics.

Domenick likes this.