Research mobile apps for EV Drivers

Discussion in 'General' started by Anca Luca, Aug 7, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Anca Luca

Anca Luca New Member

Hello!

I’m currently working at EVBox, a company that provides electric vehicle charging stations worldwide and software solutions to manage the EV infrastructure.

We are looking for electric vehicle drivers to help us by participating in a short interview (30 mins) which will be run remotely.

The purpose of the study is to understand what information people would like to know before they arrive at a charge station and how they perceive the pins on a map.

If you are willing to help out please let me know and I will schedule some time.

Your perspective is important to us so that we can gain a better understanding of what EV drivers expect in a mobile app for locating charge stations.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Anca Luca

References:

https://evbox.com/en/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/anca-luca/

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I use PlugShare because:
    1. Non-proprietary - so I can identify any EV charger regardless of network.
    2. Customer charging comments or recent charging events - this is how we can tell if it is really up and active. A log of the past "n" charging events would be perfect so even if the EV owner doesn't add a comment, we can see the charger is usable.
    3. Local 'bluetooth' or 'wifi' connection - this handles billing without having to fiddle with credit cards or RFID network cards.
    4. Engineering data in billing record - the voltages, currents, and local temperatures every minute of a charging session.
    Bob Wilson

Anca Luca likes this.
  4. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

Pretty simple:
    1. Availability - Is it functional and is it currently in use?
    2. Speed - how fast is it (preferably in amps as well as kW)
    3. Cost - is it billed by time or kWh and at what $$ rate?
    4. Payment - will it take a credit card with a reader at the station? Or do I have to download an app, preload an account, find one of those little fobs or cards floating around in the glove box, call and sit on hold for an agent, etc?

Anca Luca likes this.