Replacement Wheels That Fit

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Sandroad, Oct 7, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

This thread is for posting information on which aftermarket or Honda brand wheels (of any diameter) that fit the Clarity. If you have installed wheels other than OEM that fit your Clarity, post details of exactly which wheel/part number, photos, and where to buy them. Technical details of the Honda OEM wheels/parts:

Enkei alloy 18X8J: 42800-TRT-N90
    Bolt pattern: 5-114.30mm
    Inset: 50mm
    Hub bore: 64.1mm
    Trim assembly (plastic): 44733-TRW-N00
    Lug nut: 90304-SA0-981
    Valve assembly: 08W16-S47-A0004
    TPMS Sensor: None
    Honda accessory replacement alloy wheel: 08W18-TRT-100

And, for reference, the OEM tires:
    Michelin Energy Saver A/S Honda spec
    Size: 235/45-18
    Load index; 94
    Speed rating: V
    UTQG: wear, 480; traction, A; temperature: B
    Tread depth: 8.5/32nds
    Tread width: 7.8”
    Max load: 1477 lbs at 44 psi max
    Weight: 24 lbs
    Diameter: 26.3” (790 revs/mile)
    Recommended pressure: 36 psi

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

Here is information gleaned from other posts:

17” Honda steel wheel info from @GV Ottawa:

“I've attached a page I was given by the dealer when I picked up my Clarity in June. Looks like Honda recommends 215/55R17 tires for the steel rims. Part number for the steel rims is 08W17-PC4-300.”

18” Honda accessory wheels:

@insightman has posted photos of his Moonlight Pearl Clarity with the Honda accessory wheels and they also be seen at this web site:
    https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08W18-TRT-100.html

Aftermarket Wheels:

Discount Tire has information on which aftermarket wheels and tires will fit the Clarity, but no photos on the Clarity are available.

Go to the first web site below, type in the year, make, model, and trim and you'll see all the options.

In the second web site, you can type in various tire sizes and see how they compare to the OEM size (235/45-18) and check on speedo differences among other things. The first number is the width of the tire in mm, the second number is a ratio between tire width and sidewall height, and the third number is the wheel size.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/#/fitment/vehicle

https://www.discounttire.com/learn/tire-size-calculator

Stan-O and KentuckyKen like this.
  4. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

I just installed inexpensive made in China aftermarket RTX wheels distributed from Quebec and are sold through many tire/wheel dealers in Canada. The fitment matched the Accord.
    Specs for these are 18x8", 5x114.3, ET45. They had to use hub rings (typical for aftermarket universal fit wheels) to adapt down to the Clarity's hub bore of 64.1. The only variation from stock was offset going from ET50 to ET45, only 5mm towards the fender so no biggie. Here's how it looks - this is a shot taken at the shop right after installation was done and includes winters bagged and tossed into the cabin, not a cleaned-up beauty pose.

IMG_4216.JPG

The below sites let you play around to see your options for +/- sizing. Just enter stock specs 235/45R18, 18x8" ET50. Ultimately, a good retailer should be accountable to guarantee fitment, help you select and decide.
    https://tiresize.com/calculator/
    https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

Beware that most online configurators from wheel retailer sites are either not current to include the Clarity and in many instances, excludes some wheels that can fit. To find the widest range of wheels that fit, search by wheel size rather than by car. e.g. if staying 18" then use 18x8, 5x114.3, ET 35 to 50 range or talk to them.

In the early spring, I'll be getting 19" wheels when new selection & inventory arrives for 2019.

5. chris5168

chris5168 Member

I’m on the lookout for a reasonable priced set of these: https://ebay.us/2woSEA

908976DC-1B85-4235-8307-7B0433E05D08.jpeg
    Honda Accord Touring OEM Wheels
    19x8.5 ET50

Or Tesla Model 3 OEM wheels but might stick out too far. 18x8.5 ET40

6. V8Power

V8Power Active Member

Honda Accord has some really nice 19” rims

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Vezz66

Vezz66 Member

Shopping for winter 17” wheels, I just noticed the wheels on my Clarity, being directional, are identical on both sides — pointing forward on the right side and back on the driver side. I then noticed, while walking the dogs, that this seems to be the case with all the Hondas in the neighbourhood.

This bothers me somewhat, but I only noticed after 5 months so it’s not that noticeable.

Anyone have left and right original wheels?

I will get symmetrical wheels for winter.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Honda often puts mirror-image wheels on its show cars and then makes them all the same for production. So any aerodynamic benefit one might imagine comes from the spoke design is negated by the wheels on the opposite side spinning in the opposite direction. Witness the mirror-image wheels on the prototype of the new Insight (which shows that the wheels on production car are all really left-side wheels, if you asked the designer):
    upload_2018-10-9_19-15-48.png

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  10. graure

graure Member

I test fit a set of Advan RZ-II in 18x9 et35 with 225/40R18 tires (little bit of stretch) from my other car on the Clarity. The fronts poke a little bit, maybe 3mm or so, but the rears appear perfect. I'd be a little concerned about the tires though when sized up to 45 aspect ratio -- there's about one finger width of gap between my undersized, stretched tires and the rear spat. With an open design like the RZ-II, the wheel actually looks too small on the Clarity. I think 19" would be more appropriate. I'm thinking that something like 19x8.5 et35-40 would be good for a square setup in terms of fitment and look.

I also test fit a set of Honda HFP EP-R5 (Silverstars) in 17x7 et45. They looked bad. They are too small and sunken in.

chris5168 likes this.