Removing the warning label in the glove box

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by quietlyspinach, May 3, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. quietlyspinach

quietlyspinach Active Member

EDIT: I figured it out. Turns out it's basically like those hotel "Do not disturb" tags with a loop on top. If you angle it slightly to the right side and pull straight out, the loop will break cleanly and all of the tag material comes out nicely.
    ----

How did you all remove the warning label about advanced airbags that hangs down in front of the glove box opening?

In my past cars I just peeled it away, but this is firm piece of plastic that appears to be attached under the trim piece over the glove box. Is there some trick to this, or I do I have to take a pair of scissors to it? I don't think I can trim that close to the opening and I don't want to leave a tiny white piece of plastic near the top!

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I believe there would be a market for nice sun-visor sleeves to cover up the ugly warnings we have to look at all the time. It could provide another place to display a MINI or MINI-E logo. However, the manufacturer of such sleeves would have to carry substantial insurance due to today's litigious society. Remember the olden days when people had custom sun-visor sleeves sporting a large array of rainbow-diffracting CDs? I wonder if any of those manufacturers got in trouble for covering up the warnings?