Removing the mirror caps

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Deepak Rao, Nov 9, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

Hi Guys,

I've seen a couple of videos on how the F56 mirror caps are just yanked off. Is it the same for the SEs angular design caps? Any videos on these cap removal?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I start from a bottom close to a door and work out around without any tools just a fingers nails pray them out gently and try in a warm weather as possible IMG_2409.jpeg IMG_2412.jpeg

Deepak Rao likes this.
  4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Yes. Tape up the edges just to be safe, and use some tape to make a loose tether between the body and the cap (I stuck one end to the mirror glass itself), just in case it pops off quickly and you lose your grasp of it (it can happen, ask me how I know :confused:).

5. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Put a pillow on a floor once you pay attention what you doing you shouldn’t loose a grip of it I need 15 second to take this of after some practice and I hope nobody is stealing my yellow cups which you can’t order them from dealer . IMG_2410.jpeg IMG_2406.jpeg

6. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

Yup they more or less just yank off with properly applied force/grip. They can be stolen just as much as the belt line trim...

Rexsio likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

Well, I just could not yank it off. Had to resort to tape and a screwdriver, but did manage to get them off without damage.

Rexsio and SameGuy like this.