Remote Starting

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Boston Charger, Jun 27, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Boston Charger

Boston Charger New Member

Thought I would get remote starting via my fob. Guess not. So I go to BluLink via My Hyundai and I think I'm in the right spot. It appears under Climate Settings that I can set the AC on? Does the vehicle start when I choose that option? Am I in the correct spot? Flummoxed! TYI. PS, I can't read very well and the manual is difficult for me.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Not sure what you mean by remote starting. The electric engine needs no warm up, like a regular car. It's ready to go, when you are. But yes, BlueLink allows you to turn on and manage your climate settings remotely while it is charging. That way it will be nice and cool (or warm in winter) for when you get in your car without using up battery range for driving.

4. or not charging. It doesn't matter if it's plugged in or not. You can always remotely start the AC/heating. You will notice the yellow light in the Hyundai front logo will be illuminated when you walk up to your car.

Also, the climate (and I presume the heating as well) will turn off after 10 minutes. You then either have to start it again or make sure you get there in time.

Here in Vegas in 40°C (110°F) even 10 minutes is enough to cool down the car. I just have to make sure I get there by around 10 minutes, otherwise it will either be warmed up again or not cooled down enough yet.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

electriceddy likes this.
  5. Stickyman

Stickyman New Member

You do get an update when the car reaches the desired temperature. That is when I leave work!

Jared Potter likes this.
  6. You will get a push notification/text/email when the 10 minutes are over and it deactivates. It doesn't matter if it reached the temperature or not. It's always 10 minutes.

Jared Potter and Kamloops_KoNa like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Is it possible to adjust the time out period?

9. Not that I know.

10. E-Shark

E-Shark Active Member

You can always just re-start it again on the app.