Remote Climate with HondaLink - someone Help?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Spring_Clarity, May 19, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Spring_Clarity

Spring_Clarity New Member

Can someone who has had success with their Remote Climate from HondaLink app help? I have tried everything recommended online and cannot get the remote Climate to work from the app (neither the Scheduled nor On Demand). I also can’t get the Find my car feature to work, but who cares.

I have a 2018 Base Clarity PHEV. Texas summer is coming and I would really, REALLY love this car more than I already do if this feature worked. The keyfob remote climate does work every time.

Today - it’s 90 degrees in the garage. The car is locked. I had auto climate “On” and set to 73 when I shut off the car. Both my device and the car are within full bars of 4G and LTE service of multiple cell carriers (this is something I don’t have much information from the web about). And when I shut off the car and disconnect my iPhone 7 from the car, I can force an update and get the latest mileage (though the battery level displayed in the app has always been wrong).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have rebooted the control head. I have tried unplugged from shore power but >90% charged. I have tried plugged in to stock OEM 120V Adapter and fully charged. I feel like I’ve tried everything short of spending hours with a tech on the phone or at my dealer with some unqualified technician who knows less than the folks who have owned their car for 2 months or more. I’ve had this sweet car for 3 weeks and so far this is my only real disappointment.

Please help if you can or have better information.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I posted the chart and explanation of how it works on your post on another thread, but here it is again. This might help you understand why sometimes it seems not to work. But if you’re within the the algorithm’s limits and it still doesn’t work, then you have other problems. It is working with my iPhone 7. I think it was first posted by @jdonalds.

Attached Files:

Spring_Clarity likes this.
  4. Spring_Clarity

Spring_Clarity New Member

Thank you KK. I’ve read a lot of posts regarding this and I had seen your algorithm post previously, which is why I waited to post until temps got above 80 today.
    **Update: I think I got further today after your post.
    I installed the app on an Android device connected to WiFi on the same network as the car.
    After logging into the same account, it let me “deactivate” all remote services on the account. When I went back into the iPhone, I reactivated all of the remote services and this time, I was able to command the Remote Climate Control and got messages I’ve never received before:
    Sending message...
    Contacting Server...
    Receiving message from car...
    Waking up car... (????)
    Then an advisory about Cannot start climate or something.
    This is much further than I’ve gotten before. At this point I think the temps outside or inside had dropped below the threshold, so I’m going to try again tomorrow at lunch. I’ll update tomorrow.

Thanks again for the reply.
    Sad that this feature and HondaLink app are so inferior to the performance of the car itself - which has been great.