Remote Climate Control and Bluetooth Phone

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Fidzio, Mar 12, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Fidzio

Fidzio Member

So the car was in the garage, and I switched on the climate control via the Hondalink app. While in the house (about 30 ft from the car) I tried to make a phone call but it didn't ring. Strange. I think that the phone linked to the car by Bluetooth and played through the car system while I was still in the house.

Has anyone else found that the remote climate control also energises the other car systems, specifically the bluetooth phone connection which may have a range of 30 ft+?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

Are you saying that the Bluetooth was turned off on your phone prior to using the remote climate control feature? Otherwise it seems that it could just be that the phone Bluetooth was within range and maintained the prior connection to your car.

4. Fidzio

Fidzio Member

No - I leave the phone bluetooth on all the time. I understand that when the car is switched on normally, the phone connects automatically (as expected)

I just had not thought that the remote switching on of the climate control of the car also switched on the car phone system bluetooth.

Still learning :rolleyes:

5. aapitten

aapitten Active Member

I wouldn't think the bluetooth would come on with the climate control, but I haven't tried it either... I would consider that to be a software bug if it does.

6. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

Known issue. When the remote climate control comes on, the radio also goes on and will attach your phone via Bluetooth. No fix known yet.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Aaron_Menchions

Aaron_Menchions New Member

Does this happen when the preconditioning that's scheduled turns on too? Or only when you use the app?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9. Fidzio

Fidzio Member

Perhaps a suggestion for the moderator - Domenick - set up a "Moderator only thread" which lists known bugs in the system/software, but doesn't discuss them in detail - that can be done in other threads as it is now.
    I am currently aware of four:
    1. When the remote climate control comes on, the radio also goes on and will attach your phone via Bluetooth.
    2. EV/HV Range estimating accuracy is poor.
    3. Apple Carplay forgets what it's doing when indicating right and mirror camera displayed on centre screen
    4. Can't shut audio off when the car is just started until the center screen gives up on displaying the driver warning message.

10. I have experienced this as well. Was hoping for a fix. I also have when preconditioning that when I unplug and get the car the SirusXM is frozen. Display works but won't change channels or make any sound.

11. So, would you want a list of issues like this, with maybe a link to where they are more thoroughly discussed in the Forum?

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Fidzio

Fidzio Member

Hi Domenick, Yes, what I hoped to see was exactly what you described. You're good! :)

What I have seen in the threads is that some issues pop up in several threads and having a link from the list to the appropriate thread would direct people there to answer a particular issue.

14. Yes I would.