Recall parking ECU

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Paul DeLeon, Jul 17, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Paul DeLeon

Paul DeLeon Active Member

Hyundai just sent me a recall notice Campaign number 960.
    They want to replace the ECUs in my 2019. I had the software update a couple of weeks ago.
    Anybody heard of this?
    Good?
    Not so good?

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. First I've heard of it!

4. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
  5. I will try to look it up in the form of a recall , but a copy would be nice!
    Did you have the water pump recall done, possibly they actually meant that.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  6. Paul DeLeon

No, the form was specific for the ECU.
    As I said, I already had the software upgrade. This is something else.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
    If it's called Service Campaign 960 then the link I posted is correct. Why would Hyundai have two global service campaigns with the same number - that just doesn't make sense. Many people in the UK Kona Electric FB group who have just had the BMS software update are receiving notifications for the update again.

It is possible that Hyundai want to double check that the update has been performed correctly, as a number of owners have reported that their update was borked!

John.

KiwiME likes this.
  9. Tim94549

Tim94549 Active Member

I had my "Battery"Software Campaign completed about 3 weeks ago. Last week I received a letter from Hyundai USA about a "required CAMPAIGN". I think there was a bit of a lag between the completion & notification to Hyundai that I completed it. So I tossed the letter.

You can check if there's anything outstanding for your VIN at their CAMPAIGN site: www.autoservice.hyundaiusa.com/campaignhome

When I checked mine, it came back clean.

10. Paul DeLeon

I did just that. Thanks.
    It said "no valid issues open at this time"
    Mystery recall.

11. We Canadians don't seem to have this tool available to us. Only recalls, no service campaigns.

electriceddy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Actually we do:
    https://virl.bc.ca/eresources/autorepairsource/
    Pick your local library, get a free online "library card", and log into the Auto Repair Source. The TSBs have a listing and details well aadvanced of what I have encountered at the dealership and Transport Canada website. Best of all - its all free:D
    Note: this is also where I found the instructions from Hyundai to the repair centers to clean and disinfect the interior with alcohol, which is why I applied leather/Vinyl protection to the interior before taking it in for any kind of service.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    mho likes this.
  14. I meant from Hyundai. This is a nice resource, if you live in BC and happen to know about it. Thank for letting us know.

15. The "Update," according to this document, is an update to "Initial Communications".

IOW they made a change in the paperwork so it is now dated May 1, 2020. But it is still reprogramming four modules - that hasn't changed.

A couple of weeks after I had the update, I got a postcard telling me I needed the update. And the MyHuyndai app shows the notification in my inbox in the app. No matter how many times I delete it, it goes right back into the inbox. #HyundaiBetaTester

16. Anaglypta

Anaglypta Active Member

UK
    Well the TSB propper if that helps:-

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10176179-0001.pdf

And if your battery fails inspection:-

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10173530-0001.pdf

John.