Recall 23C32 - electronic cabin coolant heater

Discussion in 'F-150 Lightning' started by electriceddy, Oct 21, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. "Affected vehicles: select 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning pickups built between July 27th, 2023 and August 30th, 2023.
    the electronic cabin coolant heater module may be missing a solder joint, which can cause intermittent or no cabin heat and result in an inoperative windshield defrosting and defogging system."
    For those in cooler climates, I would think this recall would be a priority.
    This is the link to Transport Canada 2023-555.
    The fix: dealers will replace the electronic cabin coolant heater, free of charge.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Still waiting for my dealer to get parts for this, they say parts are backordered into February.

My Lightning seems to have the issue, the driver's side heat is weak and the side window and edge of windshield tend to fog up, but it's not ice cold.

4. Mine was built in Dec 2022 so no issues with mine. Heat works great. Though cold in my area means just blow freezing. Occasionally down in the high teens.

5. Puppethead

My Lightning is finally in service getting the recall work done. I have a 2023 F-150 Hybrid as a loaner, and the heat is definitely stronger. Looking forward to the repair.

electriceddy likes this.
  6. Hopefully the replacement unit is readily available, and repairs will be completed within too long.
    Look forward to a follow up post after completion to see if the heating has improved.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Dealer got the fix done the same day. The heat is definitely more uniform in the cabin, and no more fogging of the windows on the driver side.

insightman likes this.