Rear windshield spoiler

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by maju2001, Jul 22, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. maju2001

maju2001 New Member

Interesting accessory if you like this kind of stuff. 50 bucks, unpainted: https://www.ebay.com/itm/264859130002

I just wondering if this could affect the aerodynamics of the car design.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Given they say it "only fits 5 door hatch" on the same page as a bunch of Clarity models, I definitely wouldn't touch anything from them.

maju2001 likes this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

"Spoiler may increase the downforce and good VIP look."

That quote indicates the vendor believes it will affect the aerodynamics of the car design.
    1. How much additional downforce does a 2-ton car that tops out at 100 mph need?
    2. If a spoiler could add a fraction of a mile of additional range, Honda would have included one.
    3. Of course, all VIPs have spoilers on their cars, so if you're a VIP...

maju2001 likes this.
  5. Actually, that quote indicates that the vendor believes it “may” blah, blah. There are also some indicators that English may not be the native tongue.

6. maju2001

maju2001 New Member

They got no idea what they are talking about. "Hatch Clarity"? (not even a prototype yet). Also they say that will fit "Any car ClAIRY (where is the "T"?)..., and "Sub model ALL".... then it will be only the Hatch version? Usually it happens with Chinese sellers (Google translate is not helping them looks like).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. James007

James007 New Member

Spoiler Alert! Your Honda doesn't need one.

9. Here's a sale stopper:

"All sale are final no return or exchange. "

10. maju2001

maju2001 New Member

Well, I'm sure it is returnable under Ebay policy ("30 days return, buyer pay for return shipping") and also the seller say that: "Return item subject to charge 25% restocking fee". The picture at the description shows the item installed on a Clarity looks like (rear window doesn't look like the Accord), and I will ask to the seller about the return policy (just in case). I personally like it. Amazon has a similar one for the Clarity but is thinner for about 25 bucks. All about preferences. I will attach a picture if I decide to buy one of them.

11. maju2001

maju2001 New Member

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. maju2001

maju2001 New Member