Rear seat covers issue

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Alex800st, Mar 31, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

Got the original seat covers for Clarity.
    The part that goes on the seat itself keeps sliding away. It supposed to keep in place by several “tabs” that are tucked under the seat, but they keep getting out no matter how good I puts them in.
    Am I alone with that issue?
    I am thinking to remove the seat and use rubber bands under it to hold the cover. (btw what is the procedure for seat removal?)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Johnhaydev

Johnhaydev Active Member

I have the same problem for what it’s worth.

4. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

Problem solved

I removed horizontal part of the seat (instruction here )

Stitched some rubber string from underware to the tabs

Later got a better idea and drilled tabs and used plastic tie wraps to connect them to metal bars inside the seat

Also had an issue with the small side vertical cover - lower tab always crawling out. Put a tennis ball under that part to hold the tab in place.

Seems to be good now, and looks way better

KentuckyKen likes this.
  5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Great video instruction on removing the rear seats! This level of videography and clear instructions sets the bar high for the rest of us. Thanks for one more tool in our tool kit. And on how to then keep the rear seat cover nice and tight.
    Hats off to you, sir!

6. Alex800st

Alex800st Active Member

1D0A8ADC-1606-4F3E-9605-0236FDB6ADC2.jpeg A30B7A24-5733-4A3B-AC09-809E2082E650.jpeg

Video is not mine, but pictures are. Should have done all tabs using tie wraps, fast and easy fix. 1D0A8ADC-1606-4F3E-9605-0236FDB6ADC2.jpeg A30B7A24-5733-4A3B-AC09-809E2082E650.jpeg

7. To remove this ad click here.