Rear bumper removal of 2022/2023 Cooper SE?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by luluna, Oct 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. luluna

luluna New Member

Hi!

I tried poking around, but couldn't find anything specific for the more recent SEs - has anyone taken off their rear bumper by chance? What resources/references did you use? Any tips?

I'm wary of prying open our brand new SE, but the dealership wants $500+ D: I'm trying to figure out if it's something I can reasonable do myself.

Thank you!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Riley King

Riley King New Member

I put a Curt 11417 Trailer Hitch on my 2023 SE. The video titled "EcoHitch Hidden Trailer Hitch Installation - 2021 Mini Cooper" on YouTube shows how to take the rear bumper off. I also found a separate video on how to remove the tail lights. There are some tabs on the inside of the car that keep the tail lights from falling out once you remove the screws and finding the tabs to release the tail light was tricky. The only cutting I had to do was about a 2" x 3" piece on the black splash guard under the car.

luluna likes this.
  4. carrrl

carrrl Active Member

Also taken it off a few times, very similar to other F56. The only difference is an internal fastener that seems to be in a slightly different place per model. I was able to get at it from the passenger side wheel well.

luluna likes this.