Rally with the local Mini club

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by GetOffYourGas, Nov 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Last weekend I took Kel on a rally with the local Mini club. We drove through Cooperstown NY and the surrounding hills, covering about 90 miles of twisty back roads and stopping for lunch and at a local attraction (Hyde Manor). In all, almost 30 Minis showed up. I was the only electric.

Some rallys are too long (like MTTS) but this one was sized just right for the SE. most people I spoke with were very interested in the electric and they were happy I could join them.

In addition to the 90 mile rally, I had to drive 65 miles each way to the rally point. Fortunately there was an Electrify America station around the corner. A $4 quick charge bumped me back to full and then another $4 to get home afterwards. Total of 220 miles for $8 at EA and $2 at home.

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Lainey, ghost, Denise C and 8 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DJCoopster

DJCoopster Well-Known Member

Very nice!

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Looks like fun! Glad the weather has been good, too. Thanks for the pics (and charging notes).

5. endquote

endquote Active Member

So cool that you joined the club! Were you the only SE?

There are a few other stories of club runs in another thread here. In my club we managed 3 SEs for one rally, but usually I'm the only one.

GetOffYourGas likes this.
  6. SameGuy

YUL
    I’d join the local or regional club, but both are FB-only and that’s a nonstarter for me. It’s a pity, too, because I know both are pretty big and quite active, socially.

Puppethead likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GetOffYourGas

So far I’m the only SE in the club. I’m trying to join them once or twice a year. I have to pick wisely to make sure I’m not stranded. This time I got lucky - a 90 mile run that happened to meet up near an EA charger! I could not resist.

SameGuy likes this.
  9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Did you give any rides or drives? I love to offer people a chance to drive my fun, electric SE. Every drive ends with exclamation marks followed by, "...except for the range."

10. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Same problem I have for the club in my area, :(.

JonR and SameGuy like this.
  11. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

Only 71% of American adults use facebook. It's a bit off to assume that everyone is going to.
    I don't know of a mini club in my area. My dealer sometimes organises stuff, but they are kinda crap about putting future events up on their website, maybe they use facebook..

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

YUL
    Yeah, exactly.

14. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

SameGuy likes this.
  15. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

SameGuy likes this.
  16. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm proud to be part of the 29%. This forum is the closest I get to participating in social media (OK, with an occassional visit to the comparatively lame North American Motoring SE forum).

SameGuy likes this.
  17. GetOffYourGas

I didn’t at this event. I’ve offered lots of people test drives but only once did someone take me up on it. The next day he put down a deposit on an SE. I’m still waiting for my commission check ;)

18. SameGuy

YUL
    I just gave an anti-small-car coworker a ride and he fell in love with it. He couldn’t believe how well-appointed the little SE is, for the price.

GetOffYourGas likes this.